- Our cold process soaps are made using centuries-old techniques. Plant-based oils are blended with a basic solution, beginning the natural process of saponification -a reaction that occurs during soap making.
- We add organically grown herbs such as lavender, rosemary, hops, peppermint, and chamomile that we have grown, tended, and harvested here at The Kirk Estate. These herbs lend their wild magic to our soaps, which achieve their natural color and gentle exfoliation from these herbs alone. Our herbs also provide their subtle scents to our soap as well as their restorative and cleansing properties.
- All of our soaps are vegan, free of synthetic dyes, chemical colorants, animal byproducts, and contain no preservatives, parabens, fillers, or synthetic chemical scents. With minimal, 100% recyclable packaging, our cold process soaps are a great zero waste solution for those of us striving to reduce our footprint.
- Our ingredients include the highest quality natural, organic, and sustainable plant based oils, our own organically grown herbs, Altamont Village water, and high quality pure essential oils. Each of these quality ingredients contribute their own natural anti-bacterial, anti-septic, and anti-fungal qualities, creating a truly cleansing bar of soap. In addition, each ingredient has been selected to provide moisture, epidermal protection, and restorative qualities, making our soaps not just cleansing but healing, without stripping your skin of its natural defenses.
- Our cold process soap goes through a curing process for a minimum of 4 weeks. In that time the saponification process that began with the blending of oils ends when any access moisture has evaporated, thus ensuring a long lasting, and high quality bar of soap.